Saturday, October 10, 2009

Conversations with men and witches

Pardon me, I didn’t get the meaning
Of your continued silences;
Or the abstract of your long speeches.
I admit I am a little absent-minded
With a five-second attention span,
Especially when it comes to rhetoric.


There must be some way we can communicate
Some way to break this impasse;
Maybe I can read to you,
Or will you sing me a song?
Sigh! Pardon me, and my excesses
The constant drilling noise of nonsense.


A bus ride to nowhere might help
To open up clogged spaces and interrupted conversations:
This girl I shared a seat with
Became a friend, a confidante for fleeting minutes
She showed me her city and told me a story
When we departed, I still didn’t know her name.


Pardon me, yet again, for bothering you so
But these questions and conflicts are endless,
And my vivid imagination acts a disturbing catalyst
To this long night.
As the full moon stares through my window
My self leaves me and goes hunting for witches.

24.06.08

No comments: